Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Post Office More Like Ghost Office

The topic of this blog post is about the similarities and differences of the post office and email. (Hint my title, get it? Ghost office? Because...their...kind of outdated). I think this post is especially fun because I grew up in the era of email and I also had to use the post office here and there. Growing up email became more and more of a popular thing, like today's texting. Of course, it was around before I was born, but I was born right into the midst of it all. To start, the similarities between each other is that they are used to convey messages. The only difference is that email is extremely fast and usually reliable. But, you cannot send boxes and actual objects through emails, you'll need a post office or FedEx for that. But, with the change in the internet, you can buy or send someone something just with the click of a button. Although that is simple and modern, it still requires the middleman, the post office! I don't think any time soon post offices will be a thing of the past, but there is always the chance they can disappear with the advances in technology. But, sometimes getting a tangible letter is more special than just a new email in your inbox. An example is when my mom and dad had a divorce, my mom moved across the state. Since I didn't get to see her that often, we would of course call, but also send letters to each other for fun. I would get excited to receive something in the mail just for me! She would spray her perfume in the letter, something that I could smell to remind me of her. You can't spray perfume and send it through an email. Even if the post office isn't as popular as it used to be, it's still pretty nifty and needed still today. Unless we get drones to send and receive our packages, I don't think the post office is going anywhere soon.

2 comments: