Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Our Guest and My Thoughts

Last week in our class we had a guest speaker. Well, I'm sorry to say but I'm bad with names and all I can remember is that his first name was Eric (oops!) But that's kind of beside the point. When Eric came in to talk to us, he struck me as an interesting guy. He talked about his journey that led him to the career he's at now. I thought this was inspirational because he had to struggle and experience many letdowns. This was comforting to me because I'm someone who stresses too much about my future. Will I graduate? If I do, will I be able to get a job? What will my life be after college? Eric helped to teach me that there are ups and down, but if you at least don't give up, you are able to achieve anything. He also talked about his wife and how she was accepted to work for a company (although she was a graphic designer) and was able to have a career that helped to make her successful. I liked this because it also goes proves to me that even if I don't get the job I want, it may be a blessing in disguise. Eric also has a podcast and since I am a fan of them, I thought that was actually really cool! I also appreciated that he was an author because I am getting a writing degree, it was cool to see someone who has written and published books. Overall, I am excited to have other inspiring speakers come in and tell us about their life journey.

1 comment: